Beginnings

Hello. 

I've always felt that beginnings contain multitudes. They're exciting, of course, because before you lie infinite paths to explore. After all, there are far more words that could be written on an empty page than words that could not. There is great freedom in choice, and it is a privilege to start anew. What a joy it is to wander down an untrodden path.

They are also nerve-wracking, for you (and by you, I mean I) are afraid of committing yourself to a project. What if someone should find such a project, and what if someone should criticize it? What if it sucks and they would be right to criticize it? 

Beginnings are terrifying. This is unfailingly, frustratingly, profoundly true: relationships, college, uh, blogs. Beginnings are terrifying. 

So, what is this? 

Well, this is a blog. It's also a long-term writing experiment and a project. Whatever I write in this blog, I hope it will come from the heart and that I can be proud of it. What more is there to ask? I'll do my best to publish semi-regularly, but this isn't intended for mass consumption; it's really more for me than you (and by you, I do mean you). 

As for me, I just finished my freshman year in college. I enjoy reading, music, playing chess, hiking, and exercise. 

Because this blog is more for me than you, I will use it to grow as a writer instead of striving for perfection in every post. If it sucks, it sucks, but it will get better. 

Thank you for joining me in this beginning. 

-TWTD

Comments